Young Justice AF Roleplay
Hello there and welcome!! Returning members, please log-in and proceed with whatever you are doing. New-comers, suit up, and get ready for the adventure of a life time!!!

If you are new, please use these steps as a guide to help you get started:

1. Click 'Register'
2. Create username and password
3. Verify your email
4. READ THE RULES
5. Introduce yourself
6. Create a character
7. START!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello there and welcome!! Returning members, please log-in and proceed with whatever you are doing. New-comers, suit up, and get ready for the adventure of a life time!!!

If you are new, please use these steps as a guide to help you get started:

1. Click 'Register'
2. Create username and password
3. Verify your email
4. READ THE RULES
5. Introduce yourself
6. Create a character
7. START!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

A Bat in Jump City (First Event Announcement)

Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:48 pm by Vigilante

BREAKING NEWS:

Various eyewitnesses last night experienced telepathic messages from the web mainframe announcing the re-opening of the Titans Tower. Rumors have it that the internet vigilante known as Athena and the crime-fighter batman are behind this communication. The honorable HIVE Mayor Baran Flinnders has been contacted on this issue and will release a statement to the press sometimes today!

This is reporter Ned Black keeping you up to date with all of the latest news in this developing story.

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» The Coffee of Justice
A New Day (open) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 9:59 pm by Vigilante

» The Opening Day! (Teen Titans Sign-Up)
A New Day (open) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 5:03 pm by Vigilante

» Archnemesis meet-up (privato for the Shade and the Morgan)
A New Day (open) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 11:15 am by Morgan Landry

» Common Abilities Rules
A New Day (open) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 1:08 am by Zanna

» Rules for ALL Members
A New Day (open) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 1:00 am by Zanna

» Midnight Strikes (Shade/Open)
A New Day (open) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 1:45 pm by Vigilante

» A Bat in Jump City (First Event Announcement)
A New Day (open) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 8:48 pm by Vigilante

» Emerson Holland // Artemis
A New Day (open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 7:11 pm by Vigilante

» Background Story
A New Day (open) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 11:16 am by Zanna

A New Day (open)

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A New Day (open) - Page 2 Empty Re: A New Day (open)

Post by Zanna Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:03 pm

Keri sighed... "I guess... Thanks Chuck..." she whispered gently. "I'm so use to calling you by your other name though, so sorry I just messed up your name... I got confused with Chuck and Chris... They have the same number of letters.." she said gently before realizing what he said about the situation with Batman.

"Hey! I didn't think this place was still under radar! After all, all that is really left is some stuff in the dormitories, some things in the kitchen and living room, and the work out room." She said trying to defend herself. "Plus, my hand print was accessible to entrance system with the pad outside, so I assumed it was fair game." she said shrugging gently.

Keri decided to sit down and cuddle with Athena instead of squatting, because squatting was making her tired, and uncomfortable. "It's alright Asher..." she said gently. "It's not that we dont want you here, it's just for your safety and ours..." she whispered. "I just wanted to bring you here out of the potential sight of others and out of the ears of eavesdroppers." she said quietly.

"There's a lot of protocol with the... hobby... Chuck and I are involved in." She said trying to sound nonchalant. "There are a lot of rules and regulations we must abide to, and though we are still new, we are still under strict regulations of these bylaws." she said trying to make sense of it all to Asher.

Keri sighed softly. "Hopefully, we will meet up again soon, but as of now, you need to forget this ever happened. Mention it to no one, and keep you under oath." she said gently. She then looked at Chuck. "I'm sure Chuck will be happy to transfer you to your next location." she said smiling gently.
Zanna
Zanna

Dollars : 72

Back to top Go down

Post by VolgSKG Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:56 pm

"Are you kidding? Batman is like urban myth. I gotta see him!" Asher said, an excited smile on his face.

"It shouldnt be a big issue right? He's gonna take a page straight out of Men IN Black anyways right?" Asher asked, realizing that he would forget the meeting with Batman entirely despite this.

"Even if I dont rememeber it, If I ever did that would be SO COOL." Asher continued, his normally leveled off emotions now getting the better of him. That, and he wasnt sure that this mindwipe device would exactly work on him, if his suspicions held true. He tried not to think of it much, but the similarities between himself and another dead hero were a bit much to ignore.

He never understood where his powers came from, but he did know they weren't average, And a man like Batman might be enough to point him in the right direction.

VolgSKG

Dollars : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigilante Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:59 pm

"Batman's a nerd."

Bio scoffed as he put his hands in his pockets. Just as he said that a batjet literally flew into the suddenly opened automatic door from Batman's commands. A cacophony of anti-riot sound filled the room. The sound used two specially designed frequencies meant to disorient. The noises were so loud they created illusions that the space was bending as if a strong hurricane like wind was coursing through the facility.

Bio and Athena clutched their ears, while Batman dropped out of the batjet in a black and grey suit, with fully equipped utility belt.

"Nice teleportation trick, Fido. I already got one of my own."

He said in a raspy voice, through a telepathic communicator (one of his more hi-tech inventions). With the dexterity of the greatest shooter of the Wild West, he quick drew and threw a pellet at the duo. On contact, it would freeze around them and immobilize them while he would deal with Asher and Keri.

Keri would already have problems dealing with the sound, so a pellet of knockout gas would do. That only left the Kryptonian, the only person in the room that Bats didn't have information on, until he would realize that the sound wasn't affecting him as bad.

"You're not supposed to be here either."

He would turn off the sound at that point.

"I don't like pushing citizens around so I'm asking you to come quietly."

Vigilante
Admin

Dollars : 44

https://youngjusticeaf.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Zanna Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:08 pm

Keri suddenly stood up from petting Athena when she heard doors open, but a sudden discombobulated mix of loud sounds made her double over covering her ears. She assumed it was Batman, but still peeked open an eye to try and confirm who it was. Bad Idea... The room looked so disorientated, she couldn't focus on anything, thus nullifying her powers temporarily. In all honesty she felt sick to her stomach, it was as if the room was swirling in a million different patterns.

Slowly, Keri sunk to the floor, bent over until she heard a pellet of gas head her way, she tried to cover her nose and mouth, but the sound was too loud she was too afraid to take them off her ears.

After a few moments, she felt lightheaded, and sounds became distant as she knocked out into a deep sleep. Her form fell over and she was on her side with her hair sprawled out everywhere.
Zanna
Zanna

Back to top Go down

Post by VolgSKG Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:09 pm

Batman was right, he wasnt nearly as affected as the rest of the group. The sound was harsh even to him, but not to the point of incapacitation. Wit a fair amount of focus, he mantained his grip on reality.

Asher looked around, worried for Keri as she struggled to breath before slipping from conciousness. The other two seemed physically capable enough to handle what was going on. Even if they were near frozen solid.

"That was harsh..." Asher said, his ears tuning into the heartbeats of the three behind him. They were all stable, but somewhat distressed.

"They seemed to think you were working with them... were they wrong?" Asher asked, moving into a position he was more ably to defend himself in. Batman routinely took down villains with powers as strong or stronger than his own, he wast going to underestimate him but he wasnt going to leave the three behind without some answers first.

While he hated using his powers, and didnt feel obligated to use them for the benefit of everyone, he wouldnt let the people he knew personally get hurt while he was around.

VolgSKG

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigilante Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:30 pm

(Not forceplaying, just giving you an idea of what sequence of moves he would do if uninterrupted)

Batman brought up his guard. This kid was a bit too confident for another human... it only made sense metahumans generally hung around other metahumans. There was only one way to figure it out. Batman threw down flashbang smoke pellets on the ground (a move which was second nature to him). He would then do a swooping leap over Asher. Both his cape and the smoke would make it impossible for any normal human to detect an automated net suddenly dropping from the cape to fall around Asher.

Once it would fall over him it would immediately activate and tightly constrict Asher, hindering his movement to little more than a child playing in a sack race. The next quick motion would be to fire the line connected to the net towards the Batjet, which would then drag Asher out of the cave and into the air, giving Bats time to deal with the other kids.

Bio and Athena would be nowhere to be found, however, as Athena would have already teleported her and the sleeping Keri to a different room while Bio used his power to burrow through cement to the other room to wake Keri up. Batman squinted through his mask, this could be troublesome but he at least had one intruder secured.

Vigilante
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zanna Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:18 pm

Keri did not awake for a while, up to at least 15 minutes. When she awoke, she was in a dormitory, however not the one she claimed as hers. When she opened her blue orbs, she was staring at Chuck.

She gasped suddenly realizing what happened, trying to sit up. But as she made sudden movement to try and get up, it all failed, and she just rolled onto her back groaning with her eyes pinched closed and her hands griping her head. "if this is what a hangover feels like... never take me out..." she muttered softly trying to regain composure.

After a few more minutes she took a deep and calming breathe and slowly sat up into a sitting position. "Where's Asher and Batman?" she asked looking around, blinking, still slightly disoriented.

She concentrated softly to locate her baggy sweatshirt. Once it quickly floated to her, she slipped it on and tied back her hair. "What now?" she asked looking up at Chuck, while still clutching her head softly. She felt so useless, and so meek, and a huge burden. She's always felt like this... That's why she wanted to improve her powers and physical ability, but that was not seen as acceptable in the eyes of others.

She sighed softly rubbing her temples. "We need to save Asher." she said firmly. "he's only an innocent bystander" she noted looking up at Chuck and Athena
Zanna
Zanna

Back to top Go down

Post by VolgSKG Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:33 pm

Asher had limited fighting expeirinece. Thus Batman's moves were hard to follw even fro his heightend senses. He knew the net was coming, he heard it unfurl as the dark knight swung over him, followed by the roar of a jet engine.

The jet moved him quite a bit before instincts kicked in, his feet dug in to the concrete floor as he grasped the netting and pulled. hard.

The line snapped taught, and the anchor the net had to the batjet snapped loose from the fuselage.

The net met a similar fate within moments, a red hot blast of heat vision escaping him for a moment that shred the wound fabric with ease.

Asher had not left the room, but his resistence left its mark, two long lines where his feet had been planted in the concrete where the jet had pulled him through the cave marked where he had been displaced.

"I didnt realize that you would be so... difficult." Asher said, shrugging off the rest of the netting and stepping forward.

He wouldnt go on the offensive, he wouldnt need to. the others had dispersed, and if he could take the heat for a little longer than they could either get away or regroup.

Whatever that may be, he was ready, and this time no mere chap trick would catch him off guard.

VolgSKG

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigilante Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:38 pm

Batman's expression changed to that of a concern. An unaccounted for Kryptonian? He hadn't brought an ounce of kryptonite with him so this would be much harder to deal with.

"Batjet, full salvo with foam."

The batjet suddenly opened up with various modules of guns and a few low-impact rockets as the master of the night made up another plan to disable the newcomer on the fly.

Woah woah woah dude!!

An illusion of a giant dog suddenly warped into the room. Athena had decided to take matters into her own hands.

I only know about you, haven't met before but what's with you lately Bats... so on edge!

She turned into a overly-buffed Bat-dog 3d caricature of the man. Each time she described him some overly complicated equipment attached to her body or fell into her paws.

You with your Bat-freeze, and Bat-guns, and homing devices, and batarangs, and holding nets, and sonic weapons, and anti-telepath butt probe, and hunting knife, and all that stuff right there!!

She dropped it all and turned back to normal.

Come on, man! If you did some background info you would know that we're friends! Newsflash! You don't have superpowers!!! Don't you think you should be trying to get us to know us so we can become crimefighting compadres'??

She seemed a bit upset to see humans fighting over territorial squabbles like this.

Batman responded after a pause.

"It's not about whether or not you're friendly or not. It's whether or not I can trust you. In order to earn access to these places and work as effective heroes, you need the maturity and reputation to back it up. The last thing I need are passwords and secret information about the Justice League leaked on Instagram or Facebook."

As Athena began to think of a retort, Bio was with Keri.

"Yo..."

Bio suggested that they try to go to Batman and diffuse the situation by apologizing, but he was the one who started it so he wasn't sure if that was the best of ideas.

Vigilante
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zanna Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:48 pm

Keri walked back into the living room with Bio, her long red hood now around her shoulders because she was getting cold. Of course, Keri still needed aid from Bio because her head was still kinda spinning from the effects nauseating hallucinations. It took a second for her eyes to adjust and settle on her current surroundings before noticing two long drag lines in the concrete leading to Asher's feet.

Keri raised a brow and folded her arms. He was most definitely hiding something, but she decided not to say anything. By the time her and Chuck made it inside the living room, they had overheard Batman's explanation about why he was on edge. "I'm sorry..." she said softly somewhat hiding behind Bio. No matter how hard she tried, her true shy self always came out in front of those who had authority over her.

"All of this is my fault" she said rubbing her throbbing temples. She sighed softly. "We know you have information on us..." she said softly. "How else would you know about my telekinetic powers and about Bio, and Athena - the amazing telepathic dog?" she said softly. "I mean you are Batman" she said in a 'no duh' tone.

"What my question is, is how did you get this information, and how much do you know about us?" She said raising her brow. "Im pretty sure you ran background checks and everything." she said regaining her voice a little better. "Therefore, you should already know that I was kidnapped when I was around the age of five, and was injected with... god knows what... and now I'm like this." she said motioning to herself. She sighed softly. "All my life, I have been the outsider. But inside! My father was too scared to let me outside, so I was home schooled, my powers -- or curse, whatever you want to call them -- were forbidden in the house and around my younger brother..." she said gently.

Keri realized she was rambling for a while and then just sighed softly. "I just want someone to help teach me, help me control it..." she said gently pleading. "help me get stronger, in every aspect." she said before ducking behind Bio again, feeling uncomfortable with everyone staring at her.
Zanna
Zanna

Back to top Go down

Post by VolgSKG Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:25 am

"..."

Asher didnt exactly know what was going on. Seemed like an internal beef. Either way it was none of his business.

Lowering his guard, he crossed his arms and waited to see how this turn of events would finish. He doubted he had anything real to contribute, but neither was he allowed to leave yet either.

Batman had a right to be cautious, and it had been incredibly easy for him to get inside Mount Justice. though Keri may have sensed something off about him early on enough to deem him an ok person to bring here.

"So uh.. were done fighting right?" Asher asked cautiously, as much as he enjoyed seeing batman, he didnt want to get dragged out by a jet again.

VolgSKG

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigilante Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:17 pm

Batman paused and thought for a second. The dog's antics had confused him and had actually taken him out of his fighting mood; something few could ever accomplish. These kids did not mean any harm. He looked at Asher.

"I suppose so. Out of protocol, I still can't completely trust all of you yet, but here's what I can do. There is a defunct organization that, if I pull the right strings, I could start up again. They are the Teen Titans of Jump City. If you prove yourselves a capable team, able to handle your own powers and use them for good without too much damage done to the area, I will consider moving you up to higher levels of access and knowledge. I will set up a boom tube location near here, since you and..."

Bio and Athena quickly introduced himself so he could continue,

"since Bio and Athena here don't need transportation. That's the most I can offer for now. Be warned, I have little patience for immature mess-ups, so be on good behavior. The boom tube will be set up by 5PM here. I would like you all to meet me and my associate, Batgirl, at 3AM tomorrow."

"3 AM?!!!!"

Bio and Athena exclaimed.

"Yes... any questions?"

Vigilante
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zanna Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:54 am

Keri was kinda lost at everything. She kinda went off in a tangent about her personal life, and she didn't mean to, but what Batman said made her eyes widen.

Did she just hear correctly? The Teen Titans? Re-establishing?? Her?! She was shocked beyond utter belief and was actually astonished, but she figured whatever Batman says goes.

Keri was usually an early riser, so 3AM wasnt so bad, seeing as how she gets up around 5-6AM everyday to start preparing for her day.

"One question, do we stay here for right now before relocating, or do you want us to head to Jump now?" she asked softly. "I mean I was here for a couple of days, some rooms still are usable and stuff."
Zanna
Zanna

Back to top Go down

Post by VolgSKG Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:52 pm

"well it looks like you guys have a plan then."

Asher responded quickly, he wasnt about to get roped into anything. Nobody had brought up seeing any of his abilities and he wasnt going to continue down this line of questioning if that was the case. He had no will or want to be a hero or be involved in anything other than what he wanted to do for the moment.

Yes, batman was cool, yes the teen titans had been as well when they were alive. However, the world had seen what happened to people who wanted to help others, as well as those who decided to take what they wanted. He was not interested.

VolgSKG

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigilante Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:19 pm

"Even though it doesn't matter, it would be best if you all get used to timeliness. Let's have the headquarters of your team be the Tower, you kids will probably like it more since this place is a bit outdated and it has a better location for crimefighting practice. I'll lock this down for now. See you soon."

Bio and Athena watched as Batman backflipped into another responsive Batjet and flew off.

"I wonder how many of those he has..."

Bio commented as he left. Athena then chimed in.

Anyway, we should all discuss this in Jump City. Keri google the Zero Drop Cafe, we can meet up with Circuit there.. unless there's a place you want to suggest to hang out. Asher you can join too. We won't boot you just cuz you don't have powers that's not our style.

Vigilante
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zanna Sun May 03, 2015 11:31 pm

Keri let out a soft breathe of air softly, running her fingers softly, once Batman left.

"He makes me so nervous, but in a panicked way." she said softly rubbing her eyes. After listening to Athena, Keri chuckled softly before nodding her head to the deep skid marks that Asher left. "I think there's more to him than meets the eye Athena." she said smiling softly before nodding to Athena. "Gotcha! But mind doing me a favor? Can you teleport me, Asher, and my stuff to my house?" she asked. "I think booking a flight would take too long" she said gently. "I'll drive Asher from there, and that'll give you time for you and Chuck to rest before hand." Keri suggested.
Zanna
Zanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum