Young Justice AF Roleplay
Hello there and welcome!! Returning members, please log-in and proceed with whatever you are doing. New-comers, suit up, and get ready for the adventure of a life time!!!

If you are new, please use these steps as a guide to help you get started:

1. Click 'Register'
2. Create username and password
3. Verify your email
4. READ THE RULES
5. Introduce yourself
6. Create a character
7. START!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello there and welcome!! Returning members, please log-in and proceed with whatever you are doing. New-comers, suit up, and get ready for the adventure of a life time!!!

If you are new, please use these steps as a guide to help you get started:

1. Click 'Register'
2. Create username and password
3. Verify your email
4. READ THE RULES
5. Introduce yourself
6. Create a character
7. START!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

A Bat in Jump City (First Event Announcement)

Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:48 pm by Vigilante

BREAKING NEWS:

Various eyewitnesses last night experienced telepathic messages from the web mainframe announcing the re-opening of the Titans Tower. Rumors have it that the internet vigilante known as Athena and the crime-fighter batman are behind this communication. The honorable HIVE Mayor Baran Flinnders has been contacted on this issue and will release a statement to the press sometimes today!

This is reporter Ned Black keeping you up to date with all of the latest news in this developing story.

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» The Coffee of Justice
The Opening Day! (Teen Titans Sign-Up) EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 9:59 pm by Vigilante

» The Opening Day! (Teen Titans Sign-Up)
The Opening Day! (Teen Titans Sign-Up) EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 5:03 pm by Vigilante

» Archnemesis meet-up (privato for the Shade and the Morgan)
The Opening Day! (Teen Titans Sign-Up) EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 11:15 am by Morgan Landry

» Common Abilities Rules
The Opening Day! (Teen Titans Sign-Up) EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 1:08 am by Zanna

» Rules for ALL Members
The Opening Day! (Teen Titans Sign-Up) EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 1:00 am by Zanna

» Midnight Strikes (Shade/Open)
The Opening Day! (Teen Titans Sign-Up) EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 1:45 pm by Vigilante

» A Bat in Jump City (First Event Announcement)
The Opening Day! (Teen Titans Sign-Up) EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 8:48 pm by Vigilante

» Emerson Holland // Artemis
The Opening Day! (Teen Titans Sign-Up) EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 7:11 pm by Vigilante

» Background Story
The Opening Day! (Teen Titans Sign-Up) EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 11:16 am by Zanna

The Opening Day! (Teen Titans Sign-Up)

4 posters

Go down

The Opening Day! (Teen Titans Sign-Up) Empty The Opening Day! (Teen Titans Sign-Up)

Post by Vigilante Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:22 pm

At 5:30 A.M., in the disturbed but bristling Jump City, a singular T-shaped tower hummed to life in the darkness of the harbor. Normally, most people were asleep at this time, but, due to the ... unique circumstances the world had at the time there were those who watched for anything that disturbed the peace.

A few hours later in the morning, a portal known as a boom-tube opened up in front of the Titans Tower, just in time to survey a beautiful sunrise that gleamed on the small island. A front door opened for the new visitors. The first two didn't really need the portal, since they already lived in the city. The two, a dog and a boy, moved at breakneck speed through the city and across the bridge before it had even opened and were stretched out relaxing and waiting for the sunrise.

"Ahhh..." Bio said as he lay on the grass of the island, waiting for those who had been invited to the Tower to show up. It had been awhile since he and Athena had visited the restricted area but it was good to be back.

Athena worriedly looked into the distance as the sun began to rise at the cause of the restriction. On one of the buildings flew the national flag... a flag that stood for  "HIVE"

Last edited by Vigilante on Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Vigilante
Admin

Dollars : 44

https://youngjusticeaf.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

The Opening Day! (Teen Titans Sign-Up) Empty Re: The Opening Day! (Teen Titans Sign-Up)

Post by Zanna Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:48 am

Why it was so bloody early, Zanna didn't understand why... However, she followed the rules, especially batman's rules. She was hesitant about going to Jump City... after the instances of when the good guys started to disappear, crime rates were increasing by the numbers.

Zanna was grateful for the boom-tubes because she wouldnt have made it to Jump with just her powers. Even though her powers were still growing, they were still fairly weak, and not up to their potential.

Once she passed through the boom-tube, wearing her casual clothes of course, she quickly put on her cape to cover her face and began to head to the tower as under the radar as she possibly could...

Once she got there, she saw that Bio was fairly relaxed, but Athena seemed a little upset, or disturbed. "Hey" she said softly before sitting next to Bio and patting Athena's head gently. From that point, she noticed the flag, and sighed softly, and just sat there just trying to calm her nerves and her thoughts.

Keri could not believe that she was actually doing this...
Zanna
Zanna

Dollars : 72

Back to top Go down

The Opening Day! (Teen Titans Sign-Up) Empty Re: The Opening Day! (Teen Titans Sign-Up)

Post by Artemis Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:19 am

Traveling through the boom-tube had done it's total on Emerson. Feeling nauseous and uneasy on their feet, they grasped on to Orion's collar in an attempt to steady themselves.

Emerson quickly scanned the area to see who all was near, coming to the conclusion that it was only the two on the ground, plus the dog. Upon seeing the other dog, Orion's hackles raised as he bared his teeth. Emerson quickly stroked the top of his head in an attempt to sooth him. Em understood that becoming a part of the Teen Titans would be their best shot at finding information about their mother and father's death, hence why they even showed up. The two slowly approached the other three, stopping once ten feet away from them.

Em's quick analysis of the two on the ground proved to do nothing to dissuade their concerns. The red cloaked girl was off putting, especially since Em had neglected wearing their own cloak, considering it only would have gotten in their way. The cloak was reserved for stealth missions, and standing out in the middle of nowhere screamed anything but stealth. This unnerved them quite a bit, having specialized in long distance fighting and sniping, yet here these two were, seemingly calm and lounging on a lawn in a city with crime rates against super heroes rapidly increasing. The five of them practically had a target painted on them.
Artemis
Artemis

Dollars : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigilante Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:37 pm

"Are you sure about this?"

A female voice rang from the intercom of the tower. The tower's defenses were still up and had everything on lock down but there was definitely someone occupying it at the moment.

A slightly annoyed male voice spoke up

"I already told you I did my homework and you know my homework is serious business. They wouldn't come all the way here just to do that."

The female voice anxiously spoke up,

"Do it! We've got to make sure!"

"Alright fine... Like we're in sooo much danger here right? Can I speak now? Ahem. WHAT? this thing was on? Where are the freaking manuals in this place when you need them?

Anyway... Hey guys my name is Red Robin."

A click and a whir preceded a holographic projector opening out of the steel outside wall to the left of the front entrance doors. It seemed that the other occupant had familiarized themselves with another button.

The projection that turned on showed a tall muscular individual who wore a rather cavalier costume that was a fusion between batman and robin and a red headed girl that wore a female batsuit. After taking a good look at who had arrived, Robin checked his list to take a guess at who was who. Mostly everyone had come from the encounter in the old justice league mountain except for one, Artemis, who was probably the only one from the internet application that the batcomputer had sifted through and salvaged from the countless trolls and fraudulent responses. She or he seemed ,from first glance at the application, to be the usual story of a misfit who was trying to give back by using their differences to fight crime. She and her dog were probably rough around the edges but overall the group so far looked like a friendly and intact group of kids that honestly put the two vigilantes at ease.

"... And I'm batgirl. Pleased to meet ya guys! Sorry about the lockup but we need to be extra careful according to you know who so if you could state your codename... I mean superhero name... A little bit about yourself and give us a demonstration of your powers. Then if you could tell us why you want to join the Titans that'd also be great! Who wants to go first?"

The two held on to their expectations. This group seemed a bit young and more normal compared to the last team but with normal came the price of being timid and unambitious. The two hoped that these kids really wanted to be superheroes as much as they said they did and had some understanding of what that meant.

Vigilante
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zanna Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:45 pm

Keri suddenly jumped when she felt someone's presence on the island, and turned around from petting Athena, she had her hands up in case. Keri was one to be... overly paranoid, per say. Keri was usually a dog person, but for some reason, this person's dog was obviously over protective of it's master. Before Keri could say anything, she heard a voice come from the infamous T Tower. Again, which made her jump...

However, her small paranoia wavered because of the discombobulation coming from the speakers. It was almost funny how they didn't realize that the mic and speakers were activated. By the entrance, where the five of them were currently located at, two holographic figures appeared. Keri instantly knew who they were. I mean who wouldn't recognize Red Robin and Batgirl. If people didn't know who they were after the big incident, then they know who they are now, since the Bat Family were the only good guys left.

Keri listened to their instructions carefully before standing up and brushing her hands. She decided to make up for the mess that she left at Happy Harbor, she would go first. "Um... hey" she said hesitantly at first while removing the hood of her cape and stepping forward slightly. That was just her demeanor. Keri at first, was the shy and timid one, and had a lot of work to do to improve herself. That's kind of one of the reasons why she was here right now.

"Um... So code name is unknown, I haven't really decided what to be called yet. I'm the one who broke into The Cave at Happy Harbor a couple of days ago." No one probably noticed, but under her floor length red cape, she was twiddling with her fingers. "I want to learn how to fully control and improve my powers. Age 16, Meta, and..."

Keri paused here to show off her powers. She revealed her hands from under her cloak and flicked her wrists up. Because they were surrounded by water, and the T Tower was basically it's own island, there were a lot of rocks. When she flicked her wrists, some of the surrounding rocks that littered the shore suddenly levitated about seven feet off the ground.

Keri then kept her left palm where it was and used her right index finger to create little circles with it. This caused the floating rocks to spin gently in a circle around the group of five. "Telekinetic." she said before placing the rocks safely back to where they relatively once were. After her introduction, Keri took a small step back to where she was before.
Zanna
Zanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:44 am

Darren was a morning person, and an afternoon person, and an evening person, and an oh look its 3 in the morning and he’s still bouncing off the walls person. Suffice to say when a giant portal like thing opened across the bay around the giant T shaped building even the ADHD super awesome super hero like him took notice. Because even an Australian knew what that building meant. Something was going down at Titans Tower and he was going to find out just what that was…even if he didn’t have an invitation. Without thinking another thought he took off and raced out to the giant T in the middle of the bay. Which although he had been on the opposite side of the city when he registered everything at the speed he was going he made it to the giant T just as the holographic people appeared on the door.

Zooming in, a miniaturized sonic boom in his wake the hooded hero arrived on scene in his white and orange leather armor. Sword of course hanging in its sheath on his side. Sure, it wasn’t the stealthiest entrance ever but with three other people, two dogs, and two people on what appeared to be a giant Star Wars hologram did stealth even matter? “Woaaa you two are part of the Bat Family right? Condom Head and Batgirl right? No, that doesn’t sound right…I mean sure I’ve heard some people call you that but obviously that isn’t your actual codename. Least I hope it isn’t, the R on your chest screams Robin but you look a tad bit too old to be Robin. What is it with Bats and young boy sidekicks anyway? Not that it matters if the big guy swings that way, pretty sure It’s legal in the states now.” The speedster rattled off before he noticed Keri lifting rocks up and stuff.

“Kirby! Long time no see! How goes it!?” He raced over grabbed her hand and shook it before taking off once more, checking everyone out. Including petting both of the dogs and moving out of their way before either one could bite him, because Dogs apparently liked to bite him. Which was totally not cool because he loved dogs and they should love him too. It was only then that his brain got up with his body and he had to stop looking up at the star wars batfamily duo. “So, am I interrupting something? Is this like an initiation into the Tower? I’ve always wanted to see the inside but every time I touch the door or try to run up the side of the tower I get shocked… Not that I’ve tried that of course.” He was definitely a morning person.
Shade
Shade

Dollars : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigilante Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:44 pm

Bio got up and with what he had seen of the current applicants he was already feeling a bit comforted that he had Athena and the Batkids here. They would be in dire need of a leader and, if it worked anything like the last team, the bats would be too busy to lead and really would just stick around as advisors.

If that, I mean with all of the craziness that happened with the Justice League, I'm amazed they have time for any of this.

Soon a kid came out from the bay like a bat out of hell.

"What did he just call me?"

Tim said with an edge to his voice. Barbara sighed.

"Relax, there's always types like these. I'm sure you remember Impulse."

"Oh yeah, Dick had to deal with his ass didn't he? Guess it's our turn."

Bio sighed and got up. This guy reminded him of Athena when she was younger. And there was only way to calm them down and that was to give them something to chew on. A green, translucent light glowed around his shoulder and he quickly popped off his own arm like he was Mr. Potatohead, all while wearing his semi-formal attire and eyepatch that made it look like he was performing a magic trick.

"Here, catch!"

He calmly said with a smirk. He deftly threw it at Darren to watch his reaction to shaking the hand of a dismembered arm. He quickly made himself the second to introduce himself.

"I'm Bioshock. I'm 15 and I like surfing and skating. I'm joining because I don't like school, I want to meet people like me, uhhh and I want to make a difference I mean everyone in Jump City really went crazy after what happened to all of the super heroes you know? I understand them but I think we need to bring them to their senses and teach them not to be afraid of people who are different aaaand... yeah that's about it. It also seems kind of fun.

As the new dude has just seen, my powers are pretty weird. Athena here calls it matter manipulation so I'm going to roll with that haha."

Athena barked a confirmation and telepathically spoke to everyone including Artemis's dog. Since he wasn't super-intelligent she configured the message through his language to be a simple, friendly greeting.

"Yup! but he's really here because he's lazy and I threatened to take over his room if he doesn't do something with his life."

Athena materialized on Bio's shoulders and leaned on his head.

"We're basically siblings. I'm good with tech and my intelligence gives me my psionic powers. The anonymous girl there, Bio, and I are all friends and we all actually have powers that seem like one thing but are actually derivations of the powers that the Justice League are used to. So, even if we don't make the team, we'll at least learn something about ourselves. Either way, I'm already a crime-fighter so I'm here to help regardless."

Bio rolled his eyes at his dog's ego, but nodded with her statement. Robin nodded at the introductions so far and repeated his instructions to the newcomers. He thought he had thought too soon about these kids being relatively normal, but so far there was only one that seemed to be a complete handful.

Vigilante
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:31 pm

Emerson carefully watched as the red hooded girl stood up to basically slate herself. She had yet to call herself anything, and her telekinetic powers seemed to be a force to reckon with. She probably hadn't shown her true force, but her precision and accuracy had appeared to be awe inspiring.

Once the girl had resigned herself, and Emerson had steeled herself to speak, a boom came echoing through the area and Emerson's shoulders stiffened. A quick hand darted to Orion and ruffled his fur, who in turn returned to his previously neglected teeth bared and hackles raised position, especially as Em's grip on his collar tightened. It didn't help that Emerson's enhanced eyes could barely follow him, their eyes whirring away in their sockets in a desperate attempt to catch up to his body and maintain eye contact with the blur.

Watching him began to give them a headache, but soon enough the other boy, who seemed close to the other dog, had seemingly found a way to calm him. By ripping his arm off and tossing it before making it reappear back in place. None of that helped Em's headache much either. Taking in a deep breath, in an attempt to still their heart rate and calm themselves, Em closed their eyes for a second and watched as the other dog and boys gave their own introductions. The blur of a boy had practically given his own introduction by flaunting his power, as had the one giving a mini speech right now..... someone named Bio. The flaunting of Bio's power, however, left much to assume, even though his own introduction had been pretty thorough.

And then came Athena. Emerson cringed and whipped her head around to stare at the dog as she spoke in her mind, Orion looked up to Em in confusion. Em lightly nodded at him, trying to cue to him that yes, it is okay that a disembodied voice was speak to him. Completely normal. Yet, considering Orion was just a well trained normal dog, the complexities of it might've gone over his head.

Once Bio and Athena seemed to have concluded their rather intimidating speech (complete with "even if we don't make the team we will still get what we want") and Red Robin had restated the directions, Emerson straightened herself and blinked once, turning towards the tower, preparing herself for her own introduction.

"I am Artemis. Seventeen. I am here to gain allies, resources, and train," they paused, wondering if they should tell everyone here that they really became what they are to avenge their dead parents. It was a bit of a rehash from every other super hero story, truth be told. Em took another deep, steadying breath. "I want to protect children from learning loss, as I have known it." Em gave a curt nod before pulling their bow off their shoulder and yanking a (normal) arrow out of the holster on their back. Placing the arrow onto the plate, the notch meeting the string in the serving section, Emerson pulled back, forefinger and middle pulling tightly on the string as their left hand squeezed the grip. Once the string was taut they let their eyes focus in on the top of the tower, searching for a weak point where the arrow would stick. Lo and behold a small fissure had appeared in one of the steal beams, just enough to notch their arrow in. Upon releasing the arrow, it went sailing straight and spinning until the tip burrowed itself in. While this was rather close distance for Emerson, the altitude to which the arrow had gotten was not easily attainable. Em sighed, not knowing how else to accurately portray their skills here. "I excel in long distance fights and sharp shooting. My dog is Orion, he's three years of age and serves as my look out while I'm staking out a place."

After placing their bow back onto their shoulder, they pulled their hair over the other, their eyes boring into the projector. "I have robotic eyes and an enhanced body. My dog is normal, through and through." They cocked their head to one side, thinking. "Thank you for inviting me here."
Artemis
Artemis

Dollars : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Zanna Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:46 am

ooc. warning... this is not my best work... just saying I've been up since 4am this morning

bic. Keri was waiting patiently as she began to listen to the others as they started to speak about themselves. Next person up was Bio and Athena. It was natural that she already knew of their powers and knew who they were, because they knew each other previously. Keri was more interested in the third person with the dog.

But then suddenly, someone fairly familiar showed up completely out of no where in the most revealing way possible, in Keri's opinion. When he waved hi at her, she was still recovering from the sudden appearance from the speedster. "It's Keri" she corrected him "Not Kirby" she said somewhat irritated.

As Darren kept speaking she felt a dull pulse on the sides of her head, feeling a small headache occur, so to help soothe the pain, she gently placed her index finger and middle finger on her right temple and pressed softly. She found him quite rude and slightly arrogant for just showing up and then just interrupting. But, she didn't voice her opinions.

Keri was already familiar with some of the speedster's powers so she kept her eyes forward because she knew she would get dizzy trying to keep up with his rapid movements.

After Bio attempted to calm him down, Keri saw a new trick that she's never seen him do, which made her curious. The both of them were still in the process of understanding their powers completely. Finally it was Artemis's turn.

For a non-meta, she was fairly skillful. Keri did not see the notch that she was aiming or until after she followed the line of her bow and arrow. She was fairly good, better than anything Keri could do, but she understood the difficulties of portraying her skills this early in the morning and on the island. It looked like Artemis was the oldest out of all of them so far.

Keri found her enhanced body and eyes to be fairly interesting, and quite unique. She hoped to get to know and hopefully get along with Artemis.
Zanna
Zanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:00 pm

Darren was not completely sure what was going on. One second he was running around just taking in all of the information and of course ignoring what everyone was saying and the next second a guy was taking off his arm and chucking it in the air towards Darren. This forced the Swordsmaster to stop and allow the world around him to seemingly slow down as he himself reacted. Hands first reaching for his sword only to realize that cutting the arm in half was probably a bad idea so instead he moved slightly to the left caught the arm allowing it to swing backwards and arcing it forward he sent the arm soaring back to the sender. “That’s kinda creepy, why in the world you ever wanna do that. You should call yourself arm-fall-off-boy or something like that.” Because that was a great name.

Of course what happened next was even cooler. The arm removal boy’s dog who was apparently his sister or something started talking which was like weird. Because talking dogs who knew? Or a psychic dog, or both. Darren wasn’t quite sure because although he wasn’t the dumbest person in the world he wasn’t like a super genius and therefore had no idea how that worked. However he knew exactly how Artemis’ power or rather skill worked due to his Adaptive Muscle Memory. Once more the world started to slow down as Darren’s eyes flashed white watching every tiny movement made by the female archer as his recorded them to memory. Allowing for him to be able to repeat the movements later on. Sure, he was already naturally good with most long range weapons due to his Hyperkinetics but this way he would be even better than he was before. That and instead of blind luck now he’d also have some skill to go with it.

“Woa that was cool let me try.” Kicking up a rock from the ground up into his hand he leaned back, wound up and let the rock fly. It soared up into the air went flying up to the arrow that was lodged into wall and broke the arrow in half as the rock broke itself. “Huh guess that wasn’t nearly as cool… OH! Sense we’re all throwing out names and stuff you can all call me Darren Cross the Swordsmaster! Or just Darren or just Swordsmaster or that idiot kid with a sword. I’ve heard some people call me that which isn’t really nice but its whatever. As for age I think I’m sixteen; at least I’m pretty sure I’m sixteen.” He grinned before finishing with “It’s nice to meet you all by the way, even if the two Batfamily members are just Star Wars holograms.”
Shade
Shade

Dollars : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigilante Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:54 pm

Tim nodded as he wrote down his assessment of the applicants psychological profile and their powers. He and Batgirl whispered amongst each other and then turned to the screen. Red Robin's attitude had changed rather abruptly now that it was time to get down to business.

"You passed the first part of the application process. On to the next. Meet us in thirty minutes at 26th and Carter. Come separately."

This was a downtown street corner relatively close to the bay. Close, for everyone but Keri, Artemis, and Orion. So far, they hadn't mentioned that they had any enhanced mode of transportation so this would be tough for them to navigate the enormous city and get there on time. Tim knew this but, he also knew that they would have to get used to being superheroes on their own before being part of the team.

The hologram turned off as Tim turned to Cassandra,

"Hey, better now than never."

The diagnostics they would run on the new heroes would be tough but necessary.

A few minutes later the Batjet took off and flew towards the city horizon which shone with the new light of day in amber glory.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Athena awkwardly stared at where the screen had been.

I guess I can't give free rides?.. Well... nice to meet you guys! I hope we all pass with flying colors!

Bioshock calmly looked around.

"26th and Carter? Lawl, this is gonna be rough. Maybe I should call up Circuit for this."

Don't, he's not in the best of moods these days.

"Kay."

Bioshock took off his eyepatch and he transformed in a green light. His wild costume and hair was now in full view. He placed his hand on the ground and it shook around him from his power and then literally opened up in a perfect circle around him. It closed up behind him as he literally buried himself and burrowed towards the water while Athena just disappeared.

Vigilante
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigilante Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:03 pm

(Edited due to loss of original post material)

Vigilante
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum